Wadsworth, William (Farmington), 1709 - 1769

Captain William Wadsworth was the son of Captain William Wadsworth of Farmington Connecticut and the husband of Ruth Hart (1713-1779).   Their sons were William (1742-1816), Asahel (1752-1813), Gad (1743-1820), and Ezekiel (1745-1747).  In 1737, Wadsworth and Rev. Samuel Whitman set up a school to instruct the children of the Tunxis in Farmington and hired John Metawan as instructor.  Wadsworth was an abutter on the Indian Neck properties of Sue Nuppe and Cusk.  He was considered a trespasser on Tunxis land in 1738.  In 1757, he served as captain at Fort William Henry for 16 days.
Letter from Samuel Whitman to Governor Talcott, Talcott Papers, Collections of the Connecticut Historical Society, Vol 5, 33-34. Julius Gay,  Farmington Soldiers in the Colonial Wars, 18
December 2, 1709
August 6, 1769