Apes, Eunice, 1805 - 1861

Eunice Apes was born in Salem, Connecticut circa 1805, daughter of Owen and Eunice Apes.
In April of 1814, the Colchester, Connecticut post office published, in the Connecticut Gazette newspaper, a list of unclaimed letters. Eunice Apes was on the list.  Given what would have been the daughters relatively young age, it is more likely that the letter was addressed to Eunice Apes, the mother.  

Niles, Horace

In the year 1845, Horace Niles boarded Philena, an Eastern Pequot woman, for which he was reimbursed in the summer of 1848 by Elias Hewitt, the tribe's overseer.  He did a similar service in 1847.
Not much is known about Niles, however.  He may have been one of the African American Niles family living around Stonington and North Stonington in the early 19th Century, or more likely, a member of Jabez Niles-Lydia Williams' multi-racial family, who were part of the Eastern Pequot Community.

Randall, Dyer

In the winter of 1846, Dyer Randall transported Thomas Nedson's daughter and her sick child from Indian Town to his house, where he boarded them and took care of the child from December 29, 1846, to March 14, 1847, through its sickness and death.  On March 16, 1847, Elias Hewitt, the tribes' overseer, paid him for his expenses.
Nothing much more is known about Randall.  He may have been related to or a member of Jack Randall's family.

Jackson, Prince

Prince Jackson married Martha Popmonet, the daughter of Deacon Popmonet, at Mashpee on December 5, 1765 with Rev. Gideon Hawley presiding over the ceremony.   Just shy of a year later, in November of 1766, the couple welcomed a daughter to their family.

Daniels, Mark, 1782 - 1871

Mark Daniels was born in Middletown, Connecticut about 1782.  Whether he was born into slavery or indentured to servitude is unclear, but in November of 1804, he ran away from his master, David Birdesy of Middletown.  In the runaway notice, the 22-year-old Daniels was described as five feet four inches tall, "very much scarred in the face and the little finger on his right hand crooked up." Three years later, Daniels' obligations to David Birdsey were terminated; he was freed.